:x:x:x: 2008 :x:x:x:
My wildest dreams came true when I jumped, screamed and sang along to spice girls (don't judge me, admit you know all the lyrics to all their songs by heart).
Chew Ling and I
Buckingham Palace guards
Waking up early in the morning, looking out my window to find everything covered in a blanket of white snow
Driving up 8 hours to Lake District
To such a spectacular, scenic view where we were ''one with nature''
Where we failed (miserably) on our mission to kidnap the countless sheep surrounding us (roast lamb yum)
The frantic mess (and headache) packing and moving out created
Leaving my room in IH after 2 whole years of it serving as my home
Moved in temporarily over summer with two people I barely knew, but how much fun it was living with them! :)
From being strangers in college, within those few weeks of living together we were baking, cooking, shopping, ironing our woring clothes (yucks) while listening to emo songs (Oliver James).. and lying in bed watching Greys Anatomy (with tears involved throughout haha)
"Edmund do the dishes!"
As Li Xia calls us, the Wellesley (summer) household
Lih Shyan's birthday
-:-:-:-:-:-:-
AND THEN I FINALLY WENT HOME FOR MY LONG AWAITED SUMMER HOLIDAYS!
Jeffrey flew home with me and this was what he said to me (a couple of times):
"Ashley, I have never in my life seen anyone as happy and excited as how you are now"
=D
My beloved sister and I turning mommy's kitchen into a mess
The lovely view from our hotel room

Building sand castles :)

Ashley, Benjamin, Claudia !
ABC get it get it? ;D
Our Nisan Vanette!! Comes with a free tour guide :)
One of the many Edison Chen's scandalous pictures hee ;)
Kelvin (emo Jay Chou beach songs) and Jun Chin
Not forgetting the superb mambo nights!
"Y - M - C - A!"
And my favorite one (WITH HAND ACTIONS - JC taught me!)
"Stop right now.. thank you very much, I need somebody with the human touch.."
Road Side Laksa :D Yum!
Twenty Once Upon a Time, Lou's 21st
Lou Sexy Beast.. rawr ;)
Fabian the hunk!
Kelvin, Zyran and Edna
JC's 21st
Godfrey House Household
Yen Li's 21st
The best friend Pui Ee!
Imported from Singapore :D
My brother the new (tortured) driver ;D
Endless conversations with Dipesh! ;)
Please come out from your stone aged world and get on either msn of facebook!
Mom and Claudia
Ben and dad
I want to pack my sister in my suitcase! :(

When we were hit by our tragic housing mess - and were saved by kind hearted strangers from being left cold, hungry and homeless wandering abouts the streets of London. Thank you once again :)
Two weeks living with Dennis + Yuan was a meaningful experience. We shockingly learned that a rice cooker need not be an essential investment in the kitchen, we painfully acquired the skill of frying eggs in a pot, and developed the ability to chop thin slices of garlic with a super XL size butcher knife. I am now a kitchen god ;)
Shopping for new household stuff in Ikea!
And building huge biceps as a result from carrying our shelves, tables and chairs home
The spectacular view from my window - we're all the way up on the 19th floor
Christmas in Oxford - Thumbs up for the amazing food, dessert and Christmas decorations!
(remaining blog entry yet to come.. )
I am a certified chef! =D
Winter Wonderland with Ming Shen
Best friend Su Vyen!
In London all the way from Glasgow.. I miss you already!
The London Eye Fireworks ushering the new years :)
And so it was the end of yet another year. A year where not everything fell perfectly in place, a year where I struggled, made mistakes, and sat up in bed late at night afraid of the uncertainties ahead. A year where relationships were broken, friends slowly but sadly drifted apart, a year where more than often loneliness was the only companion I had. A long, and tiring journey it was but at the end of everything; new friends were found and old friendships were rekindled. I learned how not to take things for granted and to appreciate even the slightest things I have been blessed with in life. Despite how much I worry and guard my heart, mistakes are bound to be made and the one person who wasn't supposed to ever let me down probably will. Time passes by quickly; and every sixty seconds spent feeling upset would be a minute of happiness, laughter and joy I'll never get back. So don't be afraid that your life will end, be afraid that it will never begin.
As it has been said, the loveliest day comes when you wake up each day and find out that love still colours your world through people who truly care and never fail to remember you
To a remarkable new year filled with with happiness, love and good health :)
x

No comments:
Post a Comment