Saturday, April 12, 2008

Walking in a Winter (Spring) Wonderland

Sometime last week, at NINE AM IN THE MORNING, I was (obviously) fast asleep, in the middle of such a nice dream with rainbows and butterflies and unicorns and pink candy floss when all of a sudden,

*brrrrrttt brrrrrrrrtttt* (phone vibration)

"...... HELLo?"
"Look outside your window!!!"

I scrambled out of bed, walked to my window and what the -, it was..SNOWING! IN SPRING! I immediately hung up (it was Chang Jin), dialed Yen Li's number which resulted in a few omgomgomgomgs, and five minutes later (okay slightly more than that) we ran downstairs and played with snow like little kids


Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

... You can tell we were really excited.

Photobucket

Where else Chang Jin was busy making snowballs to attack us. How childish and immature right!

Photobucket

This was an attempted winter sonata emo picture, which didn't quite happen. I ended up with a wet butt and it was so cold! :(

Photobucket

Photobucket

A cross between Spring and Winter, flowers blooming covered in a blanket of snow.


Photobucket

CJ with his snowballs again

Photobucket



So I guess my form 3 Geography teacher lied to me. According to her and our school text books,

June - Sept : Musim Panas
Sept - Dec : Musim Autumn
Dec-March : Musim Sejuk
March - June : Musim Spring

(Aiyo, my Malay sucks)



I want it to be sunny and bright, and flowers to bloom, birds to sing, butterflies and bees to flutter by, rainbows across the skies; but instead we've had rain, hail storms, sunny intervals, sleet showers, wind, thunder, and snow all within the same week. Sometimes, the same day!

London's weather is depressing and unpredictable, but when the sun does come up, you'd actually appreciate sunlight (an extremely scare resource) better. And without the weather being so unpredictable, we'd probably run out of conversation topics half the time :P

Photobucket


Oh but how I miss home... :(


No comments: