Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Wow... I am home alone! Two of my housemates are back in Malaysia, and the other housemate is over at his girlfriend's place.

"You sure you're going to be okay alone?" He asked for the third time
"Yeaaaa-ahh" I rolled my eyes
"Sure?" He furrowed his eyebrows
"Omg seriously, yes! Just go! Jeez, I'm not a kid. I do know how to take care of myself" I retorted. 

As soon as he left, I smelt..... freedom. I had the entire house all to myself! The last time I was left home alone was.. was.. was.. never. 

WOOHOO! The liberation! 


I could make all the noise I wanted! Oh man, I could sing on top of my lungs AND dance to the Spice Girls in front of my mirror and be just like Victoria!! 

I could fill the bath tub with rose petals and Body Shop scented bath foam, play music from my iPod and read Cosmo while I take the longest bath ever!!

And I could walk around the house naked! Haha OK - just kidding. 

Oh! And I could do aerobics in my room! Well, not that I actually know any aerobics, but I could always make up my own moves!

I could watch re-runs of Grey's Anatomy and - and -



OK Hang on. 


Waaait, a minute... 
What.. What was that strange sound? Did I... did I hear something coming from.. upstairs maybe? 



My body freezes temporarily. My fingers are shaking slightly. My heart is pounding so hard I could feel my blood rushing through my veins. What the hell was that?



Okay. No, my mind's playing tricks on me. I'm sure it's just my imaginati--- OK SHIT. I definitely heard something, AGAIN. What on EARTH was that? Was it a howl? A screech? A vampire? What?


Horror movie scenes are flashing in front of my eyes. Thinking about the damn bath tub with the stupid stupid rose petals is scaring the living hell out of me right now!!! Shit!! I can feel shivers running down my spine. My back is stiff. My face is pale. My legs are numb. I can't move. 



Oh my gosh Oh my gosh Oh my gosh Oh my gosh. I can't die now! Not just yet! I still need to know if Meredith and Derek are going to get married. 


OK. Breathe. Think rationally. It's the wind outside. It's fierce and it's angry and violent and it's the wind. Not some freaking vampire. 


But.. But that thud. Could it be footsteps? 

If someone breaks into the house, I'll call the cops. Is it 911 in the UK? I'll lock my room door and, and and I'll be safe in -- URGH. I knew I should have fixed the broken lock. Ok don't panic. It's alright, I have pepper spray. They don't expire do they? 

Oh man, I need to pee.

But that means that I'll have to walk out of my room, in the dark, past the freaking corridors to get to the damn toilet to pee. Okay. Nope, I'm going to hold it in until the sun comes up tomorrow morning. 


Omg I want to curl up in bed and cry! 



Okay I know. I'll go to bed. I'll go to bed with the lights on. Fall asleep while - err, I mean after- I read the bible. Listen to soothing music on my laptop and let my mind drift gently into sleep. Tuck myself in bed under my warm comfortable duvet and think about happy thoughts. And pray. Very very hard. 



Sounds like a plan. 








7 comments:

paulg said...

:) damn funnyla u

MiCh3Lle said...

hahaha..so funnny
hello ashley! yes i stalk ur blog =D

S h e r v e said...

HAHAHA
that's what I do when no one is home at the flat- get paranoid!
I'd then call Tjer and make him stay on the phone with me until I start thinking happy thoughts again. :D

You can call me next time you freak out! hehehe my FANTASTIC jokes will scare those boogeymen away from your thoughts! :D:D:D

xx

cj said...

why never call ur other housemate then?

Liz said...

Hahaha ashley... Never cease to amuse me.

Ashley said...

Eh you all are so mean! My life was in danger and it was funny to you la huh?!

:D

kengheng said...

KH : Is that all?